Strategy programme of Valora group
The Valora 4 Success strategy programme, which the Group successfully implemented between 2008 and 2010, was a concerted series of turnaround initiatives which enabled Valora to increase its profitability significantly. Building on those foundations, the Group then implemented its Valora 4 Growth strategy. This programme, carried out between 2010 and 2012, encompassed a number of successful acquisitions which have provided the basis for further expansion of the Group’s core businesses in the years ahead.
The Valora for a fast moving world strategy now focuses on the Group’s core areas of expertise. Its objectives are:
- to strengthen the activities of its Valora Retail division and make the most of the outstanding potential provided by the ideally positioned portfolio of formats the Group has now assembled.
- to reposition the Valora Services division so as to reduce the Group’s dependence on the press market.
- to continue the activities of its Valora Trade division with a focus on categories with above-average rates of growth.
Our vision for Valora’s future
Valora’s objective is to become a leading European trading company. Specifically, the Group intends to establish itself as:
- Europe’s most successful small-outlet retailer with an outstanding outlet portfolio and a range of appealing formats serving millions of customers
- A professional service-provider with strong press capabilities in Switzerland and Luxembourg
- Europe’s largest and most professional distributor of branded fast-moving consumer goods
Valora for a fast moving world
This strategy programme aims to focus Valora’s energies on its core retail expertise and on fully realising the Group’s outstanding potential.
Strengthening the Retail division’s activities
- Integrating the companies Valora has acquired
- Optimising the Group’s format and outlet portfolio now comprising over 3,000 retail sites
- Extending Valora’s product range in the food, beverage and instant-consumption categories by adding innovative products and services
- Increasing the proportion of the Group’s outlets operated on a franchise or agency basis
Repositioning Valora Services
Repositioning the division’s press-distribution activities and thus further reducing Group’s dependence on the press market
Continuing the activities of the Valora Trade division
The distribution of fast-moving consumer goods will continue, with greater emphasis being placed on categories offering above-average scope for expansion